Matinée Privacy Statement – March 2019
Matinée provides dementia friendly film screenings for those living with dementia, their friends, families and carers. We work in partnership with the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Arts Derbyshire, Derbyshire County Council, The Alzheimer’s Society, Making Space and various district/borough councils, organisations, venues and the University of Nottingham.
Any personal data is kept securely and for no longer than necessary (7 years maximum). If you have signed up to receive our e-newsletter/publicity we use your information (e.g. name and email address) to send you updates of Matinéeprojects, events, opportunities and fundraising updates. We will make sure your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter and mailing list at any time, each e-newsletter includes an unsubscribe button or you can contact our office directly – email: [email protected]
All information is kept secure at all times and participants have the right to access this information.
If you are employed by Matinée as an artist or freelancer for example we will securely keep your personal information for legal, financial and reporting reasons. Any information shared when reporting is anonymised. Personal information is destroyed after 7 years.
- The lawful basis that we use for processing the data is that either:
You have given us your consent, e.g. to receive our e-newsletter/publicity or to process your ticket order etc.
- You are a participant and the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller (Derbyshire County Council) e.g. it may be necessary for us to carry out monitoring and reporting for some our projects as a condition of funding. Examples would include:
- We would contact you with information specific to the Matinée programme.
- We report your post code and some protected characteristics to a funding organisation (e.g. Paul Hamlyn Foundation or similar). This data will be anonymised.
- We share our data with the external evaluators, the University of Nottingham. This data will be securely transferred, and data will be anonymised in any evaluation reports.
We share our data with the external evaluators, the University of Nottingham. This data will be securely transferred, and data will be anonymised in any evaluation reports.
In the course of our work we use third party websites (Gmail, WordPress and Facebook). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of the third party websites.
- We want you to have the best experience possible with Matinée and feel confident we are respecting your personal data and processing it in a safe and confidential way. You have the right to withdraw consent to our e-newsletter at any time.
- You have the right to see the information we keep on you. This is a ‘Subject Access Request’. You need to provide your request in writing with proof of identity before we can send you details. The information may take up to a month to collect. If you require this information please email Frances Watt, Project Coordinator at [email protected].
- You can see all the information regarding data protection and your rights here: