Matinée is an Arts Derbyshire Arts and Health project funded and supported by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and Derbyshire County Council.
Arts Derbyshire is the strategic arts organisation for the county; its 100+ member organisations include arts organisations, local authorities and public bodies with a remit for the arts. Arts Derbyshire aims to increase participation in and access to the arts, providing training and development for artists and arts organisations, and act as a catalyst for arts development. Arts Derbyshire runs a wide variety of work programmes including Arts, Health and Wellbeing.
Arts Derbyshire Arts, Health and Wellbeing
Arts Derbyshire Arts, Health and Wellbeing includes a growing Arts and Health Network, strategic advocacy and development work, generation and management of specific projects and information dissemination. Work is managed by the Arts and Health Co-ordinator, Helena Reynolds, who works part time.
Helena oversees Matinée, working with partners, fundraising, and leading on the Learning, Networking and Evaluation strands, including working alongside the Film Hub Midlands and other national partners on the development of dementia-friendly cinema nationally.
Helena also sits on the board of the National Alliance for Arts, Health and Wellbeing as the East Midlands representative. Find out more about the Alliance and its work, including the All Party Parliamentary Group on Arts and Health, here: www.artshealthandwellbeing.org.uk
To join the Derbyshire Arts and Health Network, to hear more about National Alliance news, or for any other enquiries including Matinée, contact Helena on: [email protected]
Matinée brings the magic of cinema to community locations across Derbyshire for those living with dementia, their family, friends and carers. Over the next four years Matinée will work in 9 different venues across the county to provide 120 screenings, as well as two national conferences and an extensive learning programme. We work with a wide cross-section of partners including: Derbyshire County Council Arts Team, Public Health and Adult Care; CCGs; The University of Sheffield; The Alzheimer’s Society; the Film Hub Midlands; Derby QUAD; Making Space; and the Dementia Action Alliance. Matinée is also proud to be a member of the BFI Film Audience Network.
The Matinée Project Co-ordinator is Frances Watt. Frances organises all the screenings and publicity across Derbyshire, coordinates our volunteers, and liaises with our partners and venues. Frances works part-time. You can contact her by email: [email protected]
Visit the Matinée blog for all the latest news, reviews and stories
Derbyshire County Council
Derbyshire County Council fund and support our work:
The Paul Hamlyn Foundation
Our major funding partner is the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. For more information on PHF and their work see:
- Bainbridge Hall, Chapel Road, Bolsover, S44 6PX.
- Darley Dale Methodist Hall, Dale Road North, Darley Dale, DE4 2FT.
- Dronfield Civic Hall, Dronfield Civic Hall, Civic Centre,, Dronfield, S18 1PD.
- Imperial Rooms, Matlock, Imperial Road,, Matlock, DE4 3NL.
- Nailers Conference Centre at Belper Football Club, Christchurch Meadow, Bridge Street, Belper, DE56 1BA.
- Northern Light Cinema, 13A North End, Wirksworth, DE4 4FG.
- Oakland Village, Hall Farm Road, Swadlincote, DE11 8ND.
- Pavilion Arts Centre, St John's Road, Buxton, SK17 6BE.
- Pomegranate Theatre, Corporation Street, Chesterfield, S41 7TX.
- QUAD, Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby, DE1 3AS.
- Shirebrook Village Hall, Park Road, Shirebrook, NG20 8JP.
- St John’s Church Hall, Canal Street, Long Eaton, NG10 4GA.
- Trinity Church Buxton, Hardwick Mount, Buxton, SK17 6PR.
- Winding Wheel, 13 Holywell Street, Chesterfield, S41 7SA.