Matinée Outreach was launched response to the COVID19 lockdown. We had to cancel all planned film screenings, the impact of which deprives many people living with dementia and their carers of cultural and social interaction. Our response was to recruit and contract 2 artists to work creatively with c.30 individual households with people living with dementia and their carers living in Derbyshire and currently isolated due to the Covid19 situation. We would now like to extend that project.
Matinée Outreach aims to develop people’s sense of social connectedness – not only through developing a new relationship with an artist remotely, but knowing they are involved in a project that other people are also participating in, and with the option to present some of their new skills and creative pieces in public at a later date. The project will enable people living with dementia to explore, develop and grow through creativity.
- To work creatively, via remote methods, with c.45 individual households (each artist working with c.15) with people living with dementia and their carers living in Derbyshire and currently isolated due to the Covid19 situation.
- The project will be delivered via telephone and post so that it is fully accessible to those who are not confident using the internet and computer technology.
- There may be the opportunity to deliver some small group face-to-face sessions towards the end of the project
- To enable people living with dementia in the community who have experienced isolation during the COVID19 lockdown to explore their creativity, share experiences, prioritise their wellbeing and have fun.
- To focus on the engagement and participation of people taking part.
- To develop participants’ sense of social connectedness through:
- developing a new relationship with an artist remotely,
- knowing they are involved in a project that other people are also participating in,
- the option to exhibit or present some of their new skills and creative pieces in public at a later date.
Recruit 3 professional artists to deliver the creative sessions working with c.15 households each, with a track record of delivering creative projects with people living with dementia
- 1 artist specialising in creative conversation and bespoke painting/visual art
- 1 artist specialising in using creative conversation and bespoke themed craft activities
- 1 artist specialising in using creative conversation and bespoke writing
Further details of how to apply are included in the document links below.
- Monday 19 April 2021 – Artist Call out
- Monday 10 May 2021 – Deadline for receipt of proposals is 9am. Proposals must be sent by email.
- Tuesday 11 May 2021 – Shortlist artists notified
- Thursday 13 May 2021 – interviews
- Friday 14 May 2021 – notification to successful candidates
- Monday 17 May 2021 – project start date
- End of March 2022 – project end date and exhibition pieces completed.
Note: The timetable outlined above may be subject to change.