Matinée dived into the festive celebrations with over 200 people attending our dementia friendly film screening of White Christmas as the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield on 21st November. People living with dementia, their friends, family and carers started arriving from 12.30pm, complete with festive jumpers and Santa hats! A couple of care home groups made a full afternoon of it by bringing a packed lunch, and enjoying a soundtrack of 1950s carols before the main film started.
A great team of volunteers from the Alzheimer’s Society, and staff from Chesterfield Borough Council and Derbyshire County Council Public Health team all helped to serve teas and coffees to everyone. There were mincepies too, kindly donated by Morrisons. In the interval we had a great sing a long of favourite Christmas songs including Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells and lots of carols! There were also a couple of quizzes based on the film and the carols with prizes handed out at the end.
And there’s still a chance to join in the Christmas fun with Matinée with following screenings taking place:
- Dronfield, Civic Centre – Wednesday 28th November – Miracle on 34th Street
- Long Eaton, St John’s Church Hall, Canal Street – Wednesday 5th November – White Christmas
- Buxton, Trinity Church, Hardwick Mount – Monday 10th December – A Christmas Carol
- Derby, QUAD – Tuesday 11th December – White Christmas
- Shirebrook, Village Hall, Park Road – Friday 14th December – White Christmas
Telephone: 07449 732322